Pages

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Procrastinator...

I am learning to play the piano.  In order to be awesome at anything, practicing is a must.  The problem is that when it comes to piano, I am a procrastinator.  I know that I need to practice, but I always wait until my mom actually tells me to practice.  I do then because I know I have to. My piano teacher also knows when I haven't practiced.  She can tell by my progress.  I disappoint her and myself when I'm slack in doing what I know I need to do.  I want to play the piano like Harry Connick Jr ....but putting in the time and effort to do that is a challenge.

I realized it's the same in the Christian life.  If we don't put time and effort into our relationship with Christ, the results are the same. I want to honor Christ,  know His Word, and be a knowledgeable child of the one true King.  Doing that takes spending time with Him and in His Word. Even though not playing piano or not being in God's Word doesn't seem like it is a big problem... in the long run it can really hurt me. I am a procrastinator... and I am not proud of it, but with God's help,  and some genuine effort on my part....I can change that. 

Walking in Grace,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com