Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Friends Are A Gift From God:)

Last night, I got to watch Ben Seewald and Jessa Duggar's wedding with a couple of my best friends. It was so much fun to see if we made the BIG SCREEN. We went to their wedding in November, and were excited to see if we made it on tv. LOL! Last night was just one of the many times that I have loved hanging with my friends.  I love my friends, and I don't know what I would do without them. Scripture has a lot to say about friendship.  While Jesus was here on Earth, he had good friends, and He also experienced the devastation from friendships gone bad.  Friendship can be the best thing ever, but it can also be the worst thing ever! One of the things that my Mom tells me all the time is that in order to have a friend... you have to be a friend. That is WAY harder than it sounds. Being a friend is difficult sometimes because it requires time, trust, love, energy, kindness, forgiveness, patience, faithfulness, gentleness... and we have only struck the tip of the iceberg. Being a friend is a huge responsibility, but it is also a huge blessing.

Like in Matthew 7:12- So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Proverbs 18:24- A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

Proverbs 17:17- A friend loveth at all times...

Proverbs 27:17- Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

John 15:12- This is my commandment that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love hath no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.



I love my friends... they encourage me in my walk with Christ, their always there to help me, and I can always count on them to be there.  The question is... what kind of friend am I?

Walking In Grace,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com