Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Image Bearers Of God

The other day, I had a afternoon with a couple of my dear friends. We had a awesome time. We wrote a hit song (in my opinion), we had a pillow fight, and best of all we had a Bible study. The study was given by my pastor's wife, Kimberly Wagner. It was about labels. We all have labels, and we can all remember the labels that we have been given. I know that I have had labels put on me. I know (now) that they don't mean anything, but at the time... they meant everything. 

During our Bible study, Mrs. Kim taught us that we are image bearers of God... so it doesn't matter what people may call us, but it does matter how we react. We are created to show others who God is. Jesus knew pain from hurtful words and actions toward Him...and He always reacted with forgiveness. 

Genesis 1:26- And God said, Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness...

So... the next time that I am called a name... I will have to remember that I am an image bearer of God,  and there are people watching me that need to get a glimpse of what God is really like. 

Walking In Grace,
Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com